Mexico City.- In Mexico, every year we take the third Sunday in June to celebrate a full day for our parents, whose guidance and teachings allow us to overcome any obstacle.
This Father’s Day, Monogram and chef Mikel Alonso seek to pay tribute to all the parents of Mexico with an extraordinary dish that anyone can replicate from home: Salmon marinated with smoked cream and cilantro vinaigrette, an original recipe from the chef of Spanish origin.
Chef Mikel Alonso, ambassador for Monogram, mabe’s ultra-luxury kitchen line, comments: “This Father’s Day is a great opportunity to give back to dad a little of everything he has given us, and we all know that the best way to reach the hearts of men, is through food, right?
This dish is simpler than it seems, it is very fresh and combines textures, aromas and flavors; I assure you that their parents will be surprised ”.
Marinated salmon with smoked cream and coriander vinaigrette by Mikel Alonso
For the fresh marinated salmon
- 60 grams clean loin of fresh salmon
- 2 tablespoons of soy
- 2 tablespoons of mirin
- 2 tablespoons vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 tablespoon of sesame oil
- 1 gram coarse salt
1. Cut the salmon into slices sashimi style.
2. Mix the other ingredients and marinate the salmon pieces for a space of 3 minutes. Reserve.
The Monogram line refrigerators feature precise electronic temperature controls, which maintain ideal storage conditions for fresh food, such as salmon in this case.
For the smoked salmon cream with a touch of saffron
- ¼ onion
- ½ white pore
- ½ carrot
- ¼ papa
- 40 milliliters olive oil
- 100 grams smoked salmon
- 300 milliliters water
- 50 grams cream
- 3 saffron pistils
- C / N salt and pepper
1. Boil the water in a pot and add the vegetables and olive oil, remove from the heat once the potato is soft (approximately 10 minutes).
2. Blend in the blender with the smoked salmon and cream.
3. Add the saffron and let it cool.
For the coriander vinaigrette
- 50 milliliters olive oil
- Juice of one lemon
- 10 milliliters apple cider vinegar
- 5 grams parsley
- 5 grams coriander
1. Blend all the ingredients in the blender and strain.
For decoration and plating
- Marinated salmon
- Smoked salmon cream
- Cilantro vinaigrette
Ingredients for decoration
- 2 pieces pickled gherkin in sheets
- 20 grams crowns of purslane
- 20 grams romeritos
- 20 grams sunflower seeds
- ½ green apple in sticks
- Fennel bunch
1. In a plate, add a bed of the cold smoked salmon cream.
2. Arrange the salmon slices in the center of the plate in a loop.
3. Interlayer slices of pickled gherkin and crowns of purslane with rosemary.
4. Add a little parsley vinaigrette and sunflower seeds to taste, decorate with the apple and fennel leaves.
About Chef Mikel Alonso (KOMA, LUR)
Originally from Biarritz, he found his vocation at the Luis Irizar Cooking School, where he obtained his honors degree in Cooking. In 2006 he founded the Biko restaurant, a benchmark in the contemporary gastronomy of our country, and recognized on several occasions by the list of the 100 best restaurants in the world by the British magazine Restaurant Magazine.
Today we can find it at KOMA and LUR.
* Source: Monogram