“Ripe Plum Jam” and “Plum Chicken California Roll”
Plum fruits that are harvested when the heat and humidity of the rainy season increase. Ome is processed into Kanro-ni, plum wine, and syrup, and ripe plums are processed into dried plums.
Ripe plum jam adds a fruity flavor to the acidity and sweetness, and is useful as a secret ingredient for side dishes. Chicken entwined with plum jam, rice mixed with plum jam and dried plums, finished in a California roll with plums.
Ripe plum jam recipe
- Ripe plums: 500g
- Sugar: 200～300g
- ~ How to make ~
- Prepare ripe plums as much as possible, and put the still blue ones in a paper bag to ripen them in a cool place. Once frozen, ripe plums can be used frozen. Put plums and plenty of water in a pan, heat over medium low heat, simmer for a few minutes so that it does not boil, turn off the heat when the flesh becomes soft, and let it cool.
- When it cools, transfer it to a stainless steel colander, crush the fruit with a wooden spatula, strain the flesh, and put it in another pot. For the remaining seeds in the colander, add a small amount of water to another container, strain the pulp again and add to the pan.
- Add sugar to the pan and simmer for 5-10 minutes until thickened. Taste, add sugar if you like and simmer for about 3 minutes.
Plum Chicken California Roll Recipe
- ～Materials～ (2 points)
- Umeboshi (chopped): 2 pieces
- Blue Jiso: 5 pieces (chopped in half, shred the rest)
- Ripe plum jam: 1 tbsp
- White sesame: 1 tbsp
- Rice: 2 cups (300g)
- Grilled seaweed: 2 sheets
- Chicken breast: 1 piece (200-250g)
- Salad oil: as appropriate
- Avocado (small): 1
- Cream cheese: 100g
- Lettuce: 1 or 2
- White sesame (for finishing): Appropriate
- Salt and pepper: a little
- Garlic: 1 piece
- Dark soy sauce ・ Ripe plum jam: 2 tablespoons each
- Mirin / Sake: 1 tablespoon each
- ~ How to make ~
- Make a cut in the chicken so that it has a uniform thickness, open it, and rub A lightly.
- In a frying pan heated with oil, grill the chicken from ① from the skin, turn it over, cover it, and steam it. When both sides are burnt, sprinkle the mixed B and entangle.
- Combine dried plums with blue jiso (chopped), plum jam, and white sesame seeds.
- Drain the blue jiso (julienne) by exposing it to water. Mix ③ with chopsticks in warm rice. Cut the lettuce into 5 cm wide pieces. Divide the avocado in half vertically into four equal parts. Cut the cream cheese into sticks of about 1.5 cm square, and cut ② into 2 cm square sticks.
- Place the glue on the roll, leave a fifth from the back, and spread half of the rice in ④ thinly. Cover it with a parchment paper cut to the width of the glue, and turn it over while laying the makisu underneath to make the glue on top. Place it so that the part without rice comes to the front.
- Spread lettuce on ⑤ and line up half of avocado, cream cheese and chicken. Hold the cooking sheet when you roll it, roll it from the front to the back to shape it, remove the cooking sheet and wrap it with plastic wrap. Make another one in the same way. While moistening the kitchen knife with water, divide it into 6 equal parts, put blue knives (sliced) on it, and sprinkle with white sesame seeds.
Cooking production and supervision
Born in Satsumasendai City. Due to her husband’s transfer, she moved to 10 cities, towns and villages including remote islands in the prefecture, and now lives with her husband in her hometown of Satsumasendai.
Cooking and making sweets, which are a part of daily life, is “an important communication tool with family and friends. Cooking is self-taught, relying on seasonal ingredients and the four seasons.”
A number of beautiful dishes that feel warm are endorsed by 19,000 followers on the photo sharing site Instagram.
/ @ Komugi3955
Naoko Matsuzaki’s Essay
In June, ripe plums begin to fall in the plum fields of my parents’ home. For decades, the leader of the plum work has moved from his late grandmother to his mother, and has been searching for delicious preserved foods while picking up plums with his elderly mother. Homemade jam made from loquat, plums, blueberries and other fruits that are abundantly grown at home is a versatile preserved food. This time, I will introduce a recipe for a cake using plum jam that you can enjoy the season even more.
Pound cake recipe with plum jam
- ~ Material ~ (Pound type 18cm)
- Eggs: 2 points of L jade (120g)
- Sugar: 60g
- Plum jam: 50g
- Cake flour: 100g
- Baking powder: 1/2 teaspoon
- Unsalted butter: 80g
- Finishing plum jam: 2 tbsp
- ~ How to make ~
- Shake the cake flour and baking powder together.
- Break the egg into a bowl and add sugar. Whisk with hot water, remove when warm to human skin, whisk until thick, add plum jam and mix well.
- Add a mixture of cake flour and baking powder little by little, mix with a spatula, mix the melted butter in 3 portions, mix and pour into a mold with a parchment paper.
- Bake in an oven preheated to 170 degrees for about 40 minutes until the dough does not stick to the bamboo skewers, and apply plum jam to finish.
Feast house rice
“Food” is the root of life. A meal carefully prepared with all your heart will fill your heart as well as your stomach. Three cooks living in Kagoshima Prefecture will take turns proposing “feast house rice” using familiar ingredients.
View article list
Here’s another article