These baked gratin stuffed potatoes are one of those that you will want to make whenever you need a filling dish, easy to prepare and that you like
These baked gratin stuffed potatoes It is one of those that you will want to make whenever you need a strong dish, easy to prepare and that the whole family likes. The potato will be perfect with a cheese filling that will blend with the crispy exterior of the bacon. This recipe is based on ingredients that we almost always have at home, it is the perfect one to survive a snowstorm at home. The baked gratin will give the perfect finish to some potatoes that will make history. If you are looking for an easy, quick and delicious recipe, take note of these baked gratin stuffed potatoes, the result is incredible.
How to prepare baked gratin stuffed potatoes
- These baked gratin stuffed potatoes are easy to prepare, we only need a few basic ingredients that we surely have in our fridge.
- The potatoes in this recipe are better if they are medium to small, we are going to fill them and cover them with a slice of bacon. Better that they are of an acceptable size and are perfectly covered.
- If we only have the big ones, we can join two slices of bacon, the dish will also be perfect, although it will be more forceful.
- We prick the potatoes a little with a fork and cook them whole in the microwave. They will take about 15 minutes to be ready.
- When we have the potatoes ready we cut them in half and empty them inside with the help of a spoon.
- We put in the bowl and season them to taste. Add the butter and mash with a fork, we can use the blender if we want an almost professional finish.
- We add a little cheese to this mixture so that we have a creamy and delicious filling, ready to go back to the potatoes.
- Around each potato we put a slice of bacon, we will join it with a toothpick so that they are perfect.
- Cover with a layer of grated cheese and au gratin at 180º for about 10 minutes.
- Once this time has passed, it will be time to remove them from the oven and serve them hot. They are one of those recipes that everyone will like.
- We can accompany these potatoes stuffed with a sauce, a tomato sauce or cheese, they will be the perfect travel companions for this recipe.
- They are easy to prepare, low cost and delicious potatoes, you can’t ask for anything more than a little time to enjoy them.
Cheese sauce for potatoes
The cheese sauce for the potatoes or meat is a good option if we want to enjoy the creaminess of this ingredient. In this case we will use a cheddar, although any type of cheese that we like will serve us. The potatoes already have cheese, but it never hurts we will always get a much more intense flavor.
- 180 gr of grated cheddar cheese
- 2 teaspoons of flour
- 2 teaspoons of butter
- 200 ml milk
- This cheese sauce recipe is very easy to prepare and will save us from more than one rush. It will be good for nachos, potatoes or meats, everything is possible with a combination of such basic flavors.
- We put the butter in a saucepan, in this way it will serve as a base, we will first make a kind of béchamel that we will finish mixing with the cheese.
- We add the same amount of flour. We will toast the butter with the flour for a few minutes, in this way it will give the necessary texture to the sauce without the raw flavor.
- After a few minutes, we add the milk little by little, without stopping to stir. It can be skimmed or a vegetable drink.
- The best thing about this sauce is that we can adapt it to our tastes and it will always be perfect.
- We stir well until we have a slightly less thick béchamel. Salt and pepper to taste, before adding the salt we will take into account that the cheese is already salty.
- Shredded cheddar is a good option for this sauce, as it is a cheese that is very soft and will give the dish a little more color.
- With the heat of the bechamel, the cheddar will be completely melted. We can put any type of cheese that we like.
- A Parmesan or if we dare with a Roquefort can be good options for finishing this dish.
The sauce can be put on top of the potatoes that also surrounds the bacon that will have been crunchy with the smoked flavor or inside when you start eating them. It is a very strong dish perfect for cold days. The finish of these baked gratin stuffed potatoes is restaurant-style. With a little chopped parsley on top to give it color, we will only have to try the simplicity and creaminess of a recipe that the whole family will like.