Do you fancy the perfect summer cake that will delight your guests? Then try our ingenious recipe for the most delicious apricot lattice cake of all time.
If you are looking for a fruity cake treat that is ideal for warmer days, you’ve come to the right place. Because our show-off recipe for fluffy apricot tarts is a real highlight for every occasion.
Our apricot tart can be prepared with fresh apricots as well as canned fruits. The healthier and lower-calorie variant is made with fresh fruit. But if you like it particularly sweet and juicy, simply reach for canned apricots.
If you choose fresh apricots, you should try them beforehand. The ideal apricots for the cake should be ripe, juicy and sweet.
In the video: How to bake a fruity apple tart!
Recipe for fluffy apricot lattice cake
The lattice cake is most delicious with a quark-oil batter. The quark oil dough is easy and quick to mix. The mixture of quark and oil makes the dough particularly juicy and fluffy. Pudding, fruit or compote are suitable as a sweet topping.
Our apricot lattice cake simply tastes good to everyone. The combination of crispy base, sweet cream and soft fruits combine to create a real taste explosion in the mouth. And the best thing about this cake delight: It looks incredibly good and super elaborate, but is extremely quick – even for beginners.
- 1 can of apricot, cut into halves 480 g drained weight
- 250 ml milk
- 1 packet of vanilla custard powder (baking-proof)
- 300 g of wheat flour
- 1 packet of baking powder
- 125 g low-fat quark
- 100 ml milk
- 100 ml of sunflower oil
- 1 pinch of salt
- 80 g of sugar
- 1 packet of vanilla sugar
- some flour for the work surface
- some milk to brush on
- some powdered sugar to sprinkle on
And this is how the preparation works:
1. Open the oven 150 degrees circulating air preheat.
2. Grease a 26 cm springform pan. (You can find a suitable shape here on Amazon *).
3. Drain the apricots well in a colander.
4. Beat the milk with the custard powder for two minutes until creamy.
5. For the quark and oil dough, mix the flour with the baking powder and place in a mixing bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and work everything into a smooth dough with a dough hook.
6. Halve the dough and roll out half of the dough on a floured work surface. Place the dough in the mold. Pull up a border about 2 cm high.
Read more: Danger! These are the 9 most common baking mistakes
7. Spread the pudding cream evenly on top.
8. Place the apricots on top with the bulge facing up.
9. Roll out the remaining dough into a round shape.
10. Now cut the dough in with a knife or a grid cutter 1-2 cm long strips to cut.
Also try: Loose & airy! Moist summer cakes to melt away
11. Lay the strips on the apricots in a grid shape and brush them lightly with a little milk.
12. The lattice cake approx 45 minutes bake in the oven.
13. Take the cake out of the mold and let it cool down.
14. Sprinkle with powdered sugar before serving.
Our tip: A dollop of fresh whipped cream tastes particularly delicious with the lukewarm cake.
More recipe ideas: Quick cake enjoyment: These are the 3 most delicious sheet cake recipes!
We wish you a lot of fun baking! You can send us a photo of your apricot lattice cake on Instagram – we look forward to it!